The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) is the oldest and largest scholarly association devoted to studying science, technology and society with over 1200 members worldwide. Members of this organization include
- scholars in anthropology, economics, education, history, philosophy, political science, sociology, psychology, and women’s studies
- interdisciplinary scholars that work in feminist theory, cultural theory, postcolonial theory, public policy, innovation theory, and design.
- scientists and engineers interested in the social aspects of their fields
- members of the public with an interest in the way that science and technology affects their lives
The 4S Annual Meeting is a four-day event with over 16 concurrent sessions, receptions, and a book exhibit. The book exhibit showcases new releases and in print science and technology studies books. It provides editors, publishers and potential authors a chance to meet and discuss new book projects. Attendees depend on the book exhibit for finding new books for class, for their research and for staying current in the field.
Exhibit Space Pricing
Exhibitors have the choice of one 6 foot table US$150 (AU$200) or two 6 foot tables US$300 (AU$400) to display books from Thursday to Saturday.
Purchase exhibit space through the online store. Note you can now generate a printable invoice during the checkout process.
Thursday: 08:30 – 17:30
Friday: 08:30 – 17:30
Saturday: 09:00 – 15:00
Shipping and Drayage
ICC Sydney does not accept or store exhibitor/sponsor deliveries prior to your tenancy date. Please note, freight movements and porterage within ICC Sydney are managed by our in house logistics provider Agility Fairs & Events. Third-party couriers and freight forwarders are not permitted to deliver freight within the Convention Centre.
To assist in the smooth delivery and collection of goods, please ensure the following steps are followed:
- Affix the exhibitor delivery label to each item being delivered to the venue
- The exhibitor or the appointed freight company book a time to deliver their items to the Convention Centre Loading dock via the ICC Sydney Loading Dock Management System.
- Any venue porterage requirements and quotes are pre-arranged directly with Agility Fairs & Events by emailing .
Please send exhibit inquiries to .
Advertising in the Meeting Program
For the Sydney meeting we anticipate upwards of 1,500 attendees, each of whom will receive a pocket size program.
A one-page ad is available for US$200 (AU$260). Purchase ad space through the online store and send artwork to Steve Coffee at . Deadline for receipt of ads is 1 August 2018.
Ads need to be 5” wide by 7” tall, 300 dpi, b/w or grayscale in any standard image format.
- Wednesday night opening reception
- Wednesday night hosted bar
- Friday night (pre-banquet) reception
- Saturday night reception
- Coffee breaks